Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Metaphysical Prayer

Oh Devine Spirit whose presence fills all things,

Pierce my skull with your holy light that my mind might alight with understanding and chase only after your divine Kingdom. Purify my mind and grant me wisdom that I might know your will and make it my own.

Open my eyes to perceive beyond this world of flesh, that I might view others with your tender mercy and grace. Awaken my vision to all the hidden beauty which surrounds me,

Tune my ears to the melodious sound of your presence in all things,

Let every breath I take be one of gratitude, in praise and adoration of your generous spirit and glorious creation,

Fill my Mouth with words of justice and songs of peace that I might boldly proclaim your truths and continually sing your praise,

Guide my Hands that they might lovingly serve this world with compassion,

Synchronize my Heart with the rhythm of your everlasting patience,

Let not my appetite be for idle things of material in this world, but temper my consumption to that which is fair and pleasing to you,

Grant me the will and fortitude to resist carnal lusts, replacing them with the desire to exemplify your glorious will,

Make sturdy my feet that they might carry me along your path to wherever need abounds,

In this I pray… Amen.


By Jeremiah

No comments:

Post a Comment